September 11, 2001
The terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, were a dramatic REFERENCE BOOKS
turning point in American and World history. This research guide PRIMARY SOURCES
lists various printed, and electronic resources available in the ARTICLE DATABASES
C.O.D. Library that you can use to find books, journal articles, OTHER LIBRARY RESEARCH GUIDES
videos, web sites, and other information related to this event. INTERNET SITES
COD LIBRARY CATALOG: Books and Videos in the COD Library only
I-SHARE (formerly Illinet Online): A catalog of items in 65 Illinois academic libraries
WORLDCAT: about books and videos in this country and around the world
Outline of the Library of Congress Classification System (what COD uses to shelve its books)
List of Books related to this event from the C.O.D. Library Catalog.
List of Materials related to Conspiracies about this event from the C.O.D. Library Catalog.
List of Videos related to this event from the C.O.D. Library Catalog.
The 9/11 Encyclopedia. (2008)
Conspiracy Encyclopedia (2005) Reference HV 6275 .C 66 2005
Encyclopedia of Terrorism. (2007) Reference HV 6431 .C 65 2007
SAGE Encyclopedia of Terrorism. (2011)
September 11 in Popular Culture: A Guide. General HV 6432.7 .S 455 2010
The Terror Timeline: Year by Year, Day by Day, Minute by Minute: A Comprehensive Chronicle of the Road to 9/11 - and America's Response. General HV 6432.7 .T 46 2004.
Weasel Words: The Dictionary of American Doublespeak. Reference. PE 2839 .W 37 2006
The 9/11 Commission Report: The Attack from Planning to Aftermath. General HV 6432.7 .N 39 2011
9/11 and Terrorist Travel. General HV 6432.7 .N 38 2004
The 9/11 Investigations: Staff Reports of the 9/11 Commission. General HV 6432.7 .A 132 2004
Final Report on the Collapse of the World Trade Center Towers. General TA 656 .F 563 2005
Joint Inquiry into Intelligence Community Activities Before and After the Terrorist Attacks of September 11, 2001. U.S. Congress. General HV 6432 .U 62 2002
The Pentagon, 9/11. U.S. Department of Defense. General HV 6432.7 .P 43 2007
World Trade Center Building Performance Study : Data Collection, Preliminary Observations, and Recommendations. (2002) U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency.
You must have a valid College of DuPage library cardto access the electronic indexes and databases from off-campus.
- Academic OneFile(formerly Expanded Academic Index ASAP). An index to over 2500 magazines and journals covering a variety of topic areas including anthropology. This database provides references, abstracts, and many times the full-text of articles. A COD library card is required for off-campus use.
- Academic Search Premier [EBSCOhost]1984 to present; 1990 to present- full text). Abstracts from nearly 3000 journals and full text for 1250 journals including general reference, education, social sciences, humanities, general science, multi-cultural studies, library and information science.
- Chicago Tribune(1985-present).Full-text.
- CQ Researcher(Nov. 1991-present).Full-text articles covering topics of current interest and controversy.
- Electronic Journals for Political Science list.
- FindArticles.com.Citations to millions of journal articles.
- Foreign Relations/Diplomatic History/International Relations indexof recent articles, no full-text.
- The Free Library. A database of free magazine and journal articles.
- Google Scholar. This provides access to many free full-text articles, as well as citations to many other articles.
- Homeland Security Digital Library (HSDL). Access to citations and the full-text of thousandss of articles and official government reports. Click here for a descriptionof the contents.
- IngentaConnect.This is an index to millions of journal articles, book chapters, reports, and more. Most are NOT available as full-text online items.
- Journal of Debunking 9/11. Free online journal.
- Military and Government Collectionof articles.
- Newspapers(ProQuest) (1980's-present).Full-text of four major national newspapers including the New York Times.
- Open Access Journals Directory(free full-text journal articles)
- Policybot. This is a database of over 17,600 public policy reports and documents, most of them full-text & free online.
- Project MUSE. This database provides citations and abstracts only.
- Sociological Abstracts(1974-present). References & abstracts for journals for political science and other related social science disciplines.
- U.S. Military and Government Periodicals Index.
- More COD Library journal and newspaper article databases.
- Does the C.O.D. Library own the journal that I need?
- Explanation of the Difference Between Magazines and Journals
- Identifying Peer - Reviewed Scholarly Journals, Trade Publications, and Magazines(from ProQuest).
- How to Read a Research Study Article.
Flight 93 National Memorial, Shanksville, Pennsylvania. U.S. National Park Service.
Remembering September 11, 2001. U.S. Department of Defense.
September 11, 2001 Documentary Project. U.S. Library of Congress, American Memory Project.
September 11, 2001. The New York Times web site.
September 11, 2001. The Washington Post web site.
The Library can obtain copies of articles or books from other libraries for you. Inquire at the Reference Desk. You may also consult journal title lists from other libraries in the area.
- Click here for HELP with citing your general non-governmental sources .
- PLUS: The Complete Guide to Citing Government Information Resources, Reference & General collections. Call no. J 9.5 .G 37 2002.
- Government Publication Citation Information .
- How to Prepare an Annotated Bibliography.
Library Reference Desk: 630-942-3364 ASK A LIBRARIAN FOR HELP! (click here to e-mail us a question)
Dan Blewett, Reference Librarian
(630) 942-2279 Office: SRC 3033 email: email@example.com